(Courtesy of Taste of Home)
This recipe is not only diabetic friendly and quick, but it’s ingredients you can easily find at a local farmer’s market. Here in Camden County we have 2 local farmer’s markets every Saturday it’s filled with the best tasting produce. I don’t know about you, but there is nothing better to a make a recipe with then something fresh off the vine, branch or land. This recipe is a great way to focus on what Georgia is famous for it’s peaches.
This is a great summer dish your sure to love, I paired with recipe with my Grilled Firecracker Potato Salad.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 2 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 tablespoons peach preserves, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- For salsa, in a Mixing Bowl , combine peaches, cucumber, 2 Tablespoons preserves, onion, mint and 1/4 Teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper and remaining salt. On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 5 minutes. Turn; grill 7-9 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°, brushing tops occasionally with remaining preserves. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Recipe Taste of Home Test Kitchen Approved
Created by Janie Colle