(Photo curtesy of Taste of Home)
I love chicken parmesan, it’s one of my favorite dishes to make. This recipe combines it into a fun kid friendly appetizer or entree, that will surly make your friends wanting more or the recipe.
- 24 ounces frozen breaded chicken tenders
- 1 package (18 ounces) Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) sliced provolone and mozzarella cheese blend
- 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare chicken tenders according to package directions. Meanwhile, without separating rolls, cut horizontally in half; arrange roll bottoms in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. Spread half of cheese slices over roll bottoms. Bake until cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes.Layer rolls with half of sauce, chicken tenders, remaining sauce and remaining cheese slices. Replace top halves of rolls. For topping, microwave butter, garlic powder and red pepper flakes, covered, on high, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted. Pour over rolls; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown and heated through, 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with basil before serving.
Note: the 1 teaspoon of crushed red pepper can be a bit much for younger kids, either use a 1/4 or 1/2 a teaspoon. Also suggest last 10 minutes cover with foil.